2010年2月19日金曜日

Valentines Day

The 14th of February is known as Valentines Day.
Lovers all over the world have special romantic time on this day.


In Japan, people send chocolate to someone they love.
I found the article about Valentines Day in Japan.
1936, Morozoff, very famous Japanese sweets store, introduced Valentines Day on their ad and in 1958 Mary Chocolate had campaign for Valentines Day and it spread


When I was small, every year I sent chocolate to my father.
He also got several boxes of chocolate from his colleages and brought them to home.
I was looking forward to having them.


When I was a school girl, I didn't have a boyfriend and I'de never experienced the
nervous feeling for Valentines Day.
Some of my friends sent chocolate to someone they cared about.
I watched them excited.


My husband doesn't eat chocolate a lot and only chocolate he love is ”Crunky”
of Lotte.
Every year I send some bars of this chocolate in stead of a box of chocolate
which is beautiflly wrapped and usually expensive, like 200 yen per one small piece.
He is pleased with that , I think.
I like it very much, too.






This year, I sent "Crunky" to my husband and boys, and also
I prepared chocolate fondue party for them.
I melt 4 bars of chocolate in a pan and dip various fruits and snacks and ate .
Strawberries, bananas, dried orange peel,
cookies, buscuits, cake, potato chips, rice crackers,
pop corns, sweet potatoes.
I also prepared special material for them.
Cheese, cherry tomatoes, sausages, cucumber and Kimuci.
We had a lot of fun having those strange food with chocolate.



I watched a news program about Valentines Day yesterday.
They said that recently less Japanese girls are ecxited about Valentines Day.
They enjoy exchanging chocolate with their friends and having a party,
and it is not the special day any more for them to confess their love to a boy.
Becauese they don't need to be given an opportunity for confession.
They can "make" an oppotunity by themselves whenever they fall in love.
I envy their courage!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿