2010年2月24日水曜日

22.22.22

We have Japanese era calendar.

For example, 2010 is also called Heisei 22.
My birth year, 1975 is also called Showa 50.
My grandmothre was born in Taisyo 11.
My grandfathre was born in Meiji 44.


When the Emperor dies and the new Emperor succeeeds to the throne,
the name of era is changed.


The day before yesterday was special.
It was the 22nd of February, Heisi 22.
22.22.22


Not a few people made lines to get some tickets printed 22.22.22.
Some people had been waiting even the time that clock showed 22:22 of 22/22/22.
Unfortunately, I totally had been forgetting about this special moment and
I was watching a DVD then.






















I remeber that I had been waiting 11:11 of 11/11/11.
I was in a train and tried to get a transit ticket printed the time and the date.
Then I got it !
I still have that ticked at my parents's house.


My friend in USA had her birthday on the 22nd of February and I told her that this year is very
special because of Japanese era calendar system.
She asked me a question.

"Is Heisei the Emperor's name?"

I said
"NO."

" What is the Emperor's name?"

It's a shame I didn't know the Emperor's name of my own country.
Then I serched to find that his name was Akihito.
The Imperial Family does not have a last name.

The era's name is selected by cabinet members and authorities on literature and history.
I remember the day when the new era's name was presented on TV.


Hei of Heisei is Hei of heiwa meaning peace.
Sei of Heisei is also read as naru meaning become.
Heisei is intended to mean "peace everywhere".


It's good to know.


I wonder how many babies were born on 22/22/22, and how many at 22:22.


We use this era year calendar system mainly, both officially and for everyday use.
It is an easier way for us to recognize years.
My son was born in Heisei 13 and he uses the word "Showa" to mean "old".
It sound interesting for me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿