2009年6月19日金曜日

Flower Arrangement


Many Japanese women learn Kado, the traditional art of flower arrangement, to acquire culture. In fact, my mother, my sister, my mother-in-law and some of my friends learn Kado. When I was young, I was not very interested in Kado and, to be honest, I am not good at flower arranging. I had sometimes wonderd how nice if I can decorate my house with flowers beautifully.


A friend of mine found a flower arrngement class and the other day I have just joined that class. A women teacher was from the Sagami school.


First she taught us how to set flowers in a vase roughlly and asked us to start arranging by ourselves. I couldn't even start. I had no idea how to put one single flower. I felt sad how poor my creativity was. Every time I tried to set a flower, I asked her how and where.


First you put one or some flwowers along a diagonal line, which is called Tai. Then you put some flowers or leaves around that Tai, which is called Tome. One flower arrangement is supposed to consist with Tai and Tome. It is also important to keep the half part of the vase vacant.


It took about one hour to finish my work. Look at the picture!
Now I know how to arrange less flowers.
Of course I know Kado is much more profound.
Anyway, it was good to try Kado.
I may buy several flowers in a supermarket and decorate my house with them.



My husband was pleased to see my flower arrangement work.
He said, " I had thought you lived a live too simply, you know, without flowers or dresses or jewelry thing. I'm happy that you are interested in Kado."

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿